Mission: The mission of the Michael Scholz Memorial Charitable Fund is to teach youth how to preserve and protect South Florida’s fragile environment and ecosystem.
Priorities of The Fund:The Michael Scholz Memorial Charitable Fund is most likely to fund projects that:
- Teach youth how to preserve and protect South Florida’s fragile environment and ecosystem.
- Target youth who face challenges, such as those who live at or below the federal poverty line or who are mentally or physically or emotionally disabled or abused;
- Respond creatively and in a timely manner to existing or emerging environmental issues in South Florida;
- Foster volunteerism and community involvement; and/or
- Can have a lasting impact on youth participants.
Grant Ranges: Grants generally range from $500 to $5,000
Special Initiative Grant: The Fund will, on occasion, provide grants for initiatives that address a community issue or need in South Florida, particularly in Miami Dade County. Particular focus is placed on reaching youth who face challenges prioritized above.
Eligibility: Nonprofit, tax-exempt community-based organizations
Limitations: Programs generally not considered are:
- Programs involving specifically religious or sectarian activities
- Political activities or organizations
Review Process: Grant applications are accepted year-round and will be considered in the following manner.
- Applications are screened by the Executive Director to ensure it is complete.
- The Fund’s Grants Committee reviews the application.
- A site visit or meeting with the applicant will be scheduled if necessary.
- A recommendation will be brought to the full Board for a vote.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the Board’s decision.
Applicants can expect a response from the Fund’s Board within a two month period.
Grant Application Instructions:
- Applicants should complete the Grant Application Cover Sheet and submit it with the application.
- Additional instructions are on the reverse side.
- First-time applicants should complete and submit the Registration Form.
Note to Applicants:
- All grantees are expected to submit a final report at the end of the grant period describing outcomes of the project and how objectives were or were not met.
- A letter of commitment or support is required for all applicants that are collaborating with other funders or program partners.